Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stars and Sky

Author's Note: This poem didn't really have a inspiration to it but I felt like writing about the night sky. The punctuation for this is weird and I wrote this in about 3 minutes but I think this is a pretty good poem.



 Stars and Sky

Through the night
The stars and sky
Come together, illuminating the darkness.
The magic of the stars floating in the sky ,
Keep you wondering about our life.
How can something so magical, bring such fear?
The beauty of the stars,
And the darkness of the night,
Come together forming one.
There I sit and gaze among the night
Wonder, Hope, and Truth are the words that enter my mind.
So, there I sit among the stars,
Wondering, "Whats up there?"
A shooting star passes overhead,
And now I know, life is precious,
Never wasted.


4 comments:

  1. I love this poem. It's sounds so romantic in the beginning but then it asks a really great question. I love it. I think it would be neat if you took this same inspiration and turned it into a story. (It might even work for a Science porficiency too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was really good. It had like a rhythmic pattern to it in a way, it was really cool. It made you think and had a magical feel to it:) I liked it. I found it interesting how you said whats up there? At first you made it seem like you were like within it but then it was overhead. Well I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this poem. It was interesting and like Abby said it sounded really romantic. Your punctuation was a little weird but you made it work. I really liked your question too. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem is so simple, yet so pretty. As I started reading I didn't think it would work up to such a great climax, but by the end you really had me wanting to read more. So good!

    ReplyDelete