Thursday, April 28, 2011

Truman Show 2nd Post

authors note: This is my second post to the Truman Show movie and I wrote it from Truman's perspective. It describes what I think he thought of how far he had come in his life from birth to being free in the real world.

Life


Throughout my life I never noticed how people were told to walk past me carrying a basket of flowers or ride their bike past my home or come up to me and ask a question at a specific time. I never considered for a second that my whole life since birth was a fake. The big man running the show never suspected that I would ever find out about the real reality, but here I stand tall and free. I quickly responded to his plea for me to stay with my common goodbye, "In case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and good night." Finally I stand on the streets a free man, allowed to make his own choices, allowed to love whoever I may choose. Now I realize how far I have come and the large weight of lies has finally been lifted off my shoulders.

4 comments:

  1. Jenna,

    I like this piece. It is short, simple, and makes the reader better understand the end of the movie. You use imagery, which adds a nice touch, and the only thing I would say would be that it is a little heavy on the summary side, but nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this piece. I can see the relation between it and the move. I actually think that this piece would be better in a poem format. It really seemed to flow. It's wouldn't necessarily have to be closed form since it kind of has a pulse but a poem would sound really cool with this piece. I really like how you took the movie and kind of put it in a real life perspective too. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this piece a lot. The approach you took to it worked really well and it sounded a lot like what Truman might have been thinking. Really nice job, I would just suggest that you put a author's note in next time because I was a little confused until I read more of the piece. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you had it in his perspective it was interesting, and had what he would have said in it well. I liked how it all went together and had almost a closing at the end. Good job

    ReplyDelete