Monday, April 25, 2011

The Truman Show

authors note: This piece was written based off of the movie "The Truman Show". I felt that everyone that cared about him really didn't, and that they were lying just for other peoples entertainment. During this whole movie I really wanted Truman to find the truth and at some points, all hope seemed lost. Once he figured out that his life was a lie and set off to sail the last three lines of the poem describes what I thought he might have felt.


 Everything you thought you knew,
has been proven false.
The truth has finally come out
Your thoughts on life have all been altered
 and the real reality awaits you.
Your fellow co-workers,
Your best friend since birth
All of it were lies.
Your one true love waits for you on the other side of life.
The end is near and as you sail through the sea,
Victory is hear.

2 comments:

  1. Well, what do you think this means to you, or to me, in real life? I mean, I get how this is a sort of poem but it basically is a summary. Now summaries, whether poetry or prose, are not high level, so I would be looking for more application.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. 여유증 수술

    ReplyDelete